Silicone cake molds are the most popular kitchen gadgets. It is easy and practical to use and clean. If you are wondering how to use silicone cake molds, you can continue reading this our article that we give tips and features about using silicone cake molds.
When using silicone cake molds, you must pay attention to the instructions for use. In this way, you can use this type of cake mold for many years.
You should first clean the newly purchased silicone mold with a sponge dampened with detergent and warm water, and then rinse it with plenty of water. In this way, you will purify the bacteria and dirt in the mold.
Before using the silicone cake molds, you should definitely lubricate the inside with butter, margarine or oil. Although these molds are non-stick, you should not pass the lubrication phase. The important trick in the use of a silicone cake mold is that after you lubricate the silicone mold with margarine or butter, you can sprinkle a little flour inside. Thanks to this method, you will see that the cake does not stick to the mold in any way.
It is very important to pay attention to the quality of the product you buy when choosing a silicone cake mold. Because normally, the production of silicone molds is extremely expensive and therefore you should not choose cheap ones. The silicone cake molds you buy will probably be of poor quality and you may harm your health when you consume the cakes cooked in these molds.
It is important that the mixture we pour into the silicone cake mold is at room temperature. After using the silicone cake mold, you should clean it immediately. Because the stains that remain dirty for a long time dries up on the silicone, it will be much more difficult to clean later and it will take time.
Are Silicone Molds Diswasher Safe?
You should not wash the silicone cake mold in the dishwasher at high temperatures. Since it contains silicone, the silicone will be damaged at high temperatures.
After using the silicone cake mold, you should not use a knife or steel wool to clean it. Instead, it will be sufficient to use hot water and detergent. If there are residues in the folds of the mold, you can put some water in the mold and wait for a while to dissolve them. You can wash it after waiting.
How To Use Silicone Cake Molds In The Oven?
According to the recipe you will apply, set the oven to the desired temperature 15 minutes in advance and wait for it to heat up.
Then place the silicone cake mold on the baking tray and pour the cake mix you have prepared into the mold. Then put your mold in the oven with the tray and wait for the appropriate time in your date. For example, it will be sufficient to bake your cake that you baked at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes and take it to 150 degrees and bake it for another 20 minutes so that the top is browned.
Take our cake out of the oven and let it cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes. You can take the cooled cake out of the mold and serve.
How To Remove Cakes From The Silicone Mold?
Before using the silicone cake mold, grease it well. If the middle of the silicone cake mold is a hole, you should lubricate the hole a little more around the hole.
Before removing the baked cake from the mold, you should wait for the temperature of the cake to reach the appropriate level. For example, the cake should not be too cold or too hot. After removing it from the oven, we should wait for an average of 10 minutes, it will be enough to take the cake out.
What Are The Features Of The Silicone Mold?
- This can be put into the oven immediately, even when you take them out of the refrigerator. Because these patterns; it is not affected by sudden temperature changes.
- Silicone molds are only suitable for baking in the oven. Therefore, it should never be placed directly on the fire.
- Silicone molds should not be used with steel wool and abrasive cleaners while washing them.
- Cutting tools or knives should not touch the silicone mold directly.
- Silicone cake molds can be easily stored as they are elastic.
- Removing the cake from the silicone mold after baking It is quite simple compared to metal molds.
- Using silicone cake molds, you can prepare all kinds of chocolate, milk dessert, jelly and ice.
- You should know that silicone cake molds are resistant up to the highest 260 degrees.
- Since silicone cake molds can withstand at least -25 and maximum +220 degrees, they can be used in freezers, ovens and microwave ovens for many years without losing their durability.
- It is recommended not to use silicone cake molds at a temperature higher than 200 degrees.
- Any bad taste or odor will not occur in the foods you cook when using silicone cake molds.
Checkout some of the best silicone cake mold from below:
Additionally you can check very nice and different models for silicone mould from Lakeland’s website.
If you want watch a detailed video about using silicone molds, check below Youtube video:
You can also check out other product reviews about cooking appliances: